Encore Payment Systems Overview
Encore Payment Systems May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Encore Payment Systems or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
UPDATE 2/8/2019: The Encore Payment Systems website is no longer active, and the company appears to have been fully absorbed into the EVO Payments International brand. For up-to-date information about this organization, see our EVO Payments International review.
Encore Payment Systems (encoreps.com) is a merchant account provider based in Addison, Texas, that began operations in 2004. The company also does business in the U.S. under the names Prodigy Payment Systems and Momentum Payment Systems. Additionally, Encore has a Canadian sales arm called MOCA Payment Systems. At the time of this review’s original publication, two different agents claimed that Encore Payment Systems is a direct processor with HSBC Bank, which was surprising considering it was a young company. After pressing the issue, one agent admitted that Encore occasionally uses Chase Paymentech for a processor, but insisted that the company is a direct processor in all other cases. The Encore Payment Systems website now states that Encore is “a division of EVO Payments International” following its 2013 acquisition. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Deutsche Bank AG, New York, and the CFO of Encore is Blake Pyle, while the chief sales officer is Mark Harrelson.
- Sales & Marketing: Encore Payment Systems hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Encore Payment Systems appears to offer a three-year contract through EVO Payments International with an early termination fee of $195 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Encore Payment Systems and its DBAs have received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Encore Payment Systems (as EVO Payments International) has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 265 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Encore Payment Systems
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.