Gotmerchant.com May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Gotmerchant.com or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
From Web Hosting to Merchant Services
Gotmerchant.com is a merchant account provider for businesses ranging from small startups to multi-million dollar corporations. Founded in 1998 as a web hosting company called Simple Solutions, the company changed its name to “Gotmerchant.com” in 2001 as it shifted its focus to credit card processing. Gotmerchant.com is a registered ISO and MSP of First National Bank of Omaha, 1620 Dodge St., Omaha, Nebraska. The company lists a PO box in Fate, TX as its headquarters. The company advertises Harbertouch as part of its free POS system offer.
Affiliation with Harbortouch
The Better Business Bureau lists Curtis Stevens as the president of Gotmerchant.com. We have also been repeatedly contacted by a sales agent named Curtis Stevens in the comment section of our Harbortouch review, and this second Curtis Stevens appears to be employed as an independent sales rep for Harbortouch.
This Facebook page for Harbortouch of Texas lists Curtis Stevens as a contact and also names Fate, Texas, as the company’s headquarters. Given the fact that the BBB lists a PO box in Fate, Texas, as the address for Gotmerchant.com, it appears very likely that the Curtis Stevens who is the president of Gotmerchant.com is the same person as the Curtis Stevens who works as an independent sales agent for Harbortouch. In addition, a BBB complaint filed against Gotmerchant.com in November 2014 explicitly names Harbortouch as the entity with whom the merchant did business. It therefore appears that Gotmerchant.com and Harbortouch may not operate as entirely separate entities.
Gotmerchant.com Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: GotMerchant offers a two-year contract with a $250 early termination fee and a payment gateway through Authorize.Net.
- Complaints & Service: GotMerchant has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: GotMerchant has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaint in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010.
- Sales & Marketing: GotMerchant does not appear to rely on independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With GotMerchant
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.