Specialized POS for Retail and Restaurants
Harbortouch is a merchant account provider based in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Launched in 1999, the company provides card processing services, point-of-sale systems, electronic cash registers, and card processing terminals to U.S. merchants. Harbortouch previously operated under the name “United Bank Card” and now operates as a subsidiary of Shift4 Payments. At this time, Harbortouch primarily promotes Elite POS, Echo POS, and SkyTab POS systems, which are designed to serve food trucks, cafes, restaurants, retail businesses, spas, and bars, respectively. Harbortouch also provides Authorize.Net as a payment gateway powering virtual terminals for e-commerce merchants.
Processing Over $10 Billion
Harbortouch claims to operate merchant accounts for over 120,000 business locations and to process in excess of $10 billion annually. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah and of Westamerica Bank, 3750 Westwind Blvd., Suite #210, Santa Rosa, CA. Jared Isaacman is the founder and CEO of Harbortouch.
A New Lease on Business
As our comments section and other consumer review websites reflect, merchants have had issues with Harbortouch’s contract terms. By and large, the company’s early termination fee was at the core of those complaints. However, Harbortouch has reformed its contract terms and conditions in response to these complaints to address those issues. The company no longer charges merchants an early termination fee and has lessened the length of its contracts from 3 to 1-year terms.
Harbortouch Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Harbortouch offers a one-year contract with no early termination fee and the option between interchange-plus or tiered pricing
- Complaints & Service: Harbortouch has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Harbortouch (as Shift4 Payments, LLC) has an “A+” rating and has received 114 complaints and 34 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: Harbortouch hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Harbortouch