Originally referred to as “Inner Fence” (two words), Innerfence, LLC (innerfence.com) is a Redmond, Washington-based company that focuses on building credit card processing software for mobile devices such as the Android and iPhone. Similar to services like PayAnywhere and Square, Innerfence allows merchants to accept credit card payments on smartphones and tablets. However, unlike most other mobile providers, Innerfence’s service also includes the ability to accept swiped and keyed card transactions on Windows and Mac computers. This platform flexibility makes Innerfence one of the better choices for established merchants that regularly accept card payments in-store and on the go.
Innerfence was founded in 2007 and operates in an apparent joint venture with Merchant Focus, which supplies some of the actual credit card processing. The companies also acquired AppNinjas (Swipe), another mobile processor, in 2010. Innerfence’s current default plan utilizes Stripe as the company’s backend processor. Innerfence’s co-founder and CEO is Derek Del Conte, and its other co-founder and CTO is Ryan Johnson. Innerfence is headquartered at 16541 Redmond Way #365C, Redmond, Washington 98052.
- Sales & Marketing: Innerfence does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Innerfence offers a month-to-month contract with fixed transaction fees through Stripe and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Innerfence has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Innerfence currently has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Innerfence