Merchant Industry Overview
Merchant Industry May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Merchant Industry or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
All-Purpose and Cash Discount Payment Processing
Merchant Industry is a merchant account provider founded in 2007 that specializes in providing credit card processing and debit card processing services to small businesses within the United States. The company also appears to do business under the name “National E-Payment, Inc.” and possibly resells the merchant services of First Data and TSYS according to the company’s inclusion of those merchant account providers on its website. In May 2017, Merchant Industry launched a DBA called “Swipe4Free” (swipe4free.com) that exclusively promotes a cash discount pricing program. The company also provides Apple Pay integration services to businesses.
Merchant Industry Location and Ownership
Merchant Industry LLC is a registered ISO/MSP of First National Bank of Omaha, NE and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. of Walnut Creek, California, with corporate offices located at 36-36 33rd St., Suite 306, Long Island City, New York, 11106. Leo Vartanov is the founder and CEO of Merchant Industry.
Merchant Industry Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Merchant Industry offers a three-year contract through First Data that includes a liquidated damages early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Merchant Industry has received more than 35 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Merchant Industry has an “A+” rating and has received 40 complaints and 11 reviews across 2 profiles in the past 3 years. The company’s main profile has been accredited by the BBB since 2015.
- Sales & Marketing: Merchant Industry appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received more than a dozen complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Merchant Industry
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.