Founded in August 2018
proMerchant is a Boston-based merchant account provider that offers credit card processing for most standard-risk business types. The company is owned and operated by former managers of Flagship Merchant Services, but a company representative has stated that ProMerchant does not have any current relationships or plans to start a relationship with Flagship, iPayment, or Paysafe. One ProMerchant executive also founded a payment processor called Ascension Payments, but that brand appears to have been shuttered in favor of ProMerchant.
ProMerchant Location and Ownership
proMerchant is a registered ISO/MSP in association with Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio, and is headquartered at 501 Boylston St, Floor 10, Boston, Massachusetts 02116. Kevin Murphy is the co-owner and managing director at proMerchant, while Geno DeAngelis is the director of support.
ProMerchant Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: proMerchant offers a month-to-month contract with interchange-plus pricing. The company uses the Authorize.Net payment gateway to facilitate e-commerce transactions.
- Complaints & Service: proMerchant has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: proMerchant currently has an “A” rating and has received 0 complaints and 6 reviews in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2018.
- Sales & Marketing: proMerchant does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With proMerchant