Established in 2001
Flagship Merchant Services is a large merchant account sales organization based out of Charlestown, Massachusetts. The company was founded in 2001 and appears to have grown rapidly in the last 10 years. Flagship is a reseller of processing services primarily provided by First Data and Paysafe (formerly iPayment) but appears to handle the customer service of its accounts in-house. Flagship’s website and online advertising boast that it has been a top-rated credit card processor on TopTenReviews.com for 8 consecutive years, but it is unclear at this time how a business qualifies for that honor. The company also advertises Clover as its POS partner.
Flagship Merchant Services Location and Ownership
Flagship lists its acquiring bank as Woodforest National Bank, The Woodlands Texas and is an ISO of Compass Bank an Alabama State Chartered Bank. The company is located at 100 City Square, 4th Floor, Charlestown, Massachusetts. Nathaniel Short is the most recently listed director of operations of Flagship Merchant Services.
Flagship Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Flagship Merchant Services offers a month-to-month contract through First Data with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Flagship Merchant Services has received more than 200 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Flagship Merchant Services has an “A” rating and has received 103 complaints and 65 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the BBB since 2015.
- Sales & Marketing: Flagship Merchant Services does not appear to hire independent sales representatives but has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Flagship Merchant Services