A Rapidly Growing Payment Processor
Also known as Paysafe Group, Paysafe is a UK-based merchant account provider that has acquired multiple large payment processing subsidiaries during the past five years. The company was formed in 2015 as a rebranding of Optimal Payments, and it was subsequently acquired in August 2017 by 2 private equity firms called The Blackstone Group and CVC Capital Partners. Its major acquisitions under both the Optimal Payments and Paysafe brands include Skrill, Meritus Payment Solutions, MeritCard Solutions, Merchants’ Choice Payment Solutions, and, most recently, iPayment.
Paysafe Headquarters and Ownership
Paysafe is a registered ISO/MSP of BBVA USA, Decatur, AL; Wells Fargo, N.A., Concord, CA; Woodforest National Bank, Houston, TX; BMO Harris Bank, N.A, Chicago, IL; and Merrick Bank, Woodbury, NY. The company is headquartered at 41 Victoria St, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 2LH. Philip McHugh is the CEO of Paysafe. Joel Leonoff, who has also served as the CEO of Skrill, founded the company in 1997.
Paysafe Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Paysafe offers variable pricing terms among its many products and services.
- Complaints & Service: Paysafe has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: At our last update Paysafe’s California location had an “A+” rating and received 28 complaints and 9 reviews in the last 3 years. Currently the Better Business Bureau profile is in update mode and not accessible for complaints or reviews. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010.
- Sales & Marketing: Paysafe maintains different sales practices at each of its subsidiary organizations.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Paysafe