An International Money Transfer Service
Skrill, formerly operating under the name of Moneybookers USA, is an online payment and money transfer service headquartered in New York City and London. Launched in 2008 but originally incorporated in England in 2001, the company functions as an international PayPal-style service for U.S. and European users. This makes it popular among merchants who require multi-currency payment processing. Additionally, Skrill also allows auction payments via eBay and appears to provide merchant accounts.
Is Skrill Holding Your Funds Right Now?
Hundreds of merchants have had their payments frozen by Skrill. If you’re one of them, then you might find these resources helpful:
- How To Make Your Payment Processor Release Your Money
- How to Fight Chargebacks
- Best Merchant Accounts for Hard-To-Place Business Types
Headquartered in London
Skrill/Moneybookers USA is owned by Paysafe Group and operates a London headquarters at Floor 27, 25 Canada Square, London E14 5LQ, United Kingdom, and a New York headquarters at 61 Broadway, Suite 1603, New York, New York 10006. Joel Leonoff is the president and CEO of Skrill.
Skrill Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Skrill offers pay-as-you-go pricing with no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Skrill has received more than 450 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Skrill has a “B” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 36 complaints and 2 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Skrill does not hire independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Skrill.