Smart Choice Payments Overview
A Company of Many Names
Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Smart Choice Payments (smartchoicepayments.com) is a merchant account provider that offers credit card processing for most domestic business types. The company is a DBA of Wholesale Merchant Processing and of First Choice Payments, and it also appears to be a DBA of North American Processing Solutions. According to a complaint on our Payment Systems Corporation review, Smart Choice Payments, First Choice Payments, and North American Processing Solutions are subsidiaries of Payment Systems Corporation, which rates as one of the worst merchant account providers we have ever reviewed. There is also recent evidence to suggest that the company has launched a new brand called Velocity (govelocity.com).
Based in Oregon
Todd McCartney is listed as the president of Wholesale Merchant Processing, Smart Choice Payments, and American Payment Systems. All three companies are headquartered at 10250 SW Greenburg Rd. Ste. 200, Portland, Oregon 97223. Smart Choice Payments is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California.
Smart Choice Payments Review Table of Contents
- Sales & Marketing: Smart Choice Payments appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Smart Choice Payments offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495.
- Complaints & Service: Smart Choice Payments has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Smart Choice Payments has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 34 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Smart Choice Payments
Advertising Disclosure: Our unbiased reviews are supported in part by helping you find highly reviewed merchant accounts. You can learn more here.