A DBA of Smart Choice Payments
Also known as Velocity Marketing Partners, Velocity, LLC was founded in 1999 as a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. The company is a DBA of Smart Choice Payments, Wholesale Merchant Processing, and First Choice Payments, and it also appears to be a DBA of North American Processing Solutions. According to a complaint on our Payment Systems Corporation review, Smart Choice Payments, First Choice Payments, and North American Processing Solutions are subsidiaries of Payment Systems Corporation, which ranks as one of the worst merchant account providers we have ever reviewed.
Also a Marketing Firm
Unlike its payment-oriented DBAs, Velocity also presents itself as a web design and online marketing firm—hence its alternate name of Velocity Marketing & Commerce. The company’s marketing services are offered alongside its e-commerce merchant accounts, but this should not obscure the fact that Velocity is as much a payment processor as it is a marketing service. Other names that have been associated with Velocity in merchant complaints include TimePayment, Core Brand Solutions, Tourist Trapper Marketing, Advantage Media Partners, Global Media Solutions, Wholesale Internet Solutions, and Priority Placement Media.
Based in Oregon
Todd McCartney is listed as the president of Velocity, Wholesale Merchant Processing, Smart Choice Payments, and American Payment Systems. All four companies are headquartered at SW 10250 Greenburg Rd. Ste. 200, Portland, Oregon, although the Better Business Bureau also lists an updated address for Velocity at 9020 SW Washington Square Rd Ste 220, Portland, Oregon. Velocity is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. It should not be confused with Velocity Merchant Services, which is a separate and unrelated payment processor based in Illinois.
Velocity, LLC Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Velocity offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495. The company relies on the First Daya powered Payeezy gateway for e-commerce services.
- Complaints & Service: Velocity has received more than 30 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Velocity currently has a “B+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 31 complaints and 44 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Velocity appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Velocity