A Company With A Change In Ownership
Cambridge Payment Systems is a nationwide full-service merchant account provider for businesses of most sizes and types. The company’s website was unavailable from early 2014 to mid-2017, during which time it operated under the name “Fortis Payment Systems.” However, Cambridge Payment Systems appears to have revived its original brand name, as its Cambridge site is once again active. The Fortis Payment Systems website states that Cambridge was sold to iPayment Inc. at the end of 2007. In turn, iPayment is now part of the Paysafe brand.
Location and Ownership
We have decided to review the company as though it now operates as both Fortis Payment Systems and Cambridge Payment Systems, as they share the same address. Cambridge Payment Systems is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California, and is a registered ISO of Deutsche Bank AG, New York, NY. It is headquartered at 43155 Main St, Novi, Michigan 48375 and Jimmy Nafso is listed as the CEO of Fortis Payment Systems and may therefore retain a similar leadership position at Cambridge.
Cambridge Payment Systems Review
- Costs & Contract: Cambridge Payment Systems offers contracts that may or may not include an early termination fee. The company also resells Authorize.Net’s payment gateway.
- Complaints & Service: Cambridge Payment Systems has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Cambridge Payment Systems does not have a rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Cambridge Payment Systems appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received a few complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Cambridge Payment Systems