Central Payment Corporation (CPAY) Overview
Central Payment Corporation (CPAY) May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Central Payment Corporation (CPAY) or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
11/3/2019 Update: CPAY has been entirely absorbed into the TSYS brand. The company no longer has a functioning website, all traffic is redirected to the TSYS webpage. All data in this review is current as of August 1, 2019, but will no longer be updated.
A TSYS Company
Founded in 2005 in Larkspur, California, but currently based in San Rafael, Central Payment Corporation is a merchant account provider that operates as a joint venture with TSYS as its card processor. TSYS is one of the biggest credit card processors in the industry, though the company was recently acquired by Global Payments
Headquartered in California
Central Payment Corporation (CPAY), which is located at 2350 Kerner Blvd #300, San Rafael, California 94901, was founded by brothers Zachary and Matthew Hyman, but the company’s current leadership likely falls under the TSYS umbrella. M. Troy Woods is the president and CEO of TSYS. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California, and of First National Bank of Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska.
Central Payment Corporation (CPAY) Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: CPAY offers month-to-month contracts through TSYS with no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: CPAY has received more than 200 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: CPAY (as TSYS) has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 131 complaints and 9 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: CPAY appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With CPAY
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.