Update 11/14/2018: The website for Excel Corporation (excelcorpusa.com) is not available at this time, and public reports indicate that a number of its subsidiaries (including eVance and Securus Payments) have been acquired by an organization known as “OLB Group.” For up-to-date information about this company, see our OLB Group review.
Founded in 2010, Excel Corporation (excelcorpusa.com) is a financial services company that owns eVance Processing and Securus Payments plus a number of businesses affiliated with those two brands. Prior to 2011, Excel Corporation was known as “Ruby Worldwide, Ltd.” The company acquired Excel Business Solutions via a reverse merger in 2013, then acquired Securus Payments (aka Payprotec) in 2014, and finally bought Calpian Commerce in 2015. It has since sold Securus’s operations to Chyp (while still retaining control of Securus’s active merchant accounts) and rebranded Calpian Commerce as eVance Processing. Chyp and eVance Processing have a three-year exclusive preferred marketing agreement.
In total, Excel Corporation has now acquired or created at least the following active and inactive merchant account providers:
- Pipeline Data
- Securus Payments
- eVance Processing
- Northern Merchant Services
Excel Corporation claims that it is capable of “providing integrated financial and transaction processing services to merchants across the United States,” but it appears to do so under its various subsidiary brands rather than directly as Excel Corporation. The Excel Corporation website refers to “primary operating centers in Atlanta, Georgia and Portland, OR,” which are almost certainly its eVance Processing and Securus/Chyp offices, respectively. The company claims to serve over 10,000 merchants. Excel Corporation (EXCC) is a publicly traded corporation.
Excel Corporation’s subsidiary companies include registered ISOs/MSPs of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California; Elavon, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia; BMO Harris Bank N.A., Chicago, Illinois; and Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah. Excel Corporation is headquartered at 6363 President George Bush Turnpike N. State Hwy 161, Ste 310, Irving Texas 75038. T. A. “Kip” Hyde, Jr., is the CEO of Excel Corporation, Bob Winspear is its CFO, and Craig Jessen is its executive vice president. Craig Jessen also acts as the CEO of eVance Processing.
- Sales & Marketing: Excel Corporation utilizes independent resellers and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Excel Corporation offers variable contract terms that can vary depending on the agent who sets up the account.
- Complaints & Service: Excel Corporation has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Excel Corporation has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 117 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Excel Corporation