Securus Payments Overview
UPDATE 2/14/19: Excel Corporation (now OLB Group) sold Securus Payments’s operations to Chyp, a newly created company that shares ownership, employees, and a location with Securus. Existing Securus merchants will be serviced by eVance, a subsidiary of OLB Group. Securus is not an active business despite its website still being up. For more information, see our Chyp review.
Securus Payments (securuspayments.com) is a Portland, Oregon-based merchant account provider that appears to be an ISO of First Data. Launched in 2009, the company shares ownership with the now-defunct Portland company Payprotec, which was the subject of a warning issued by the Better Business Bureau in 2013. In 2014, both Payprotec and Securus were acquired by Excel Corporation, and it appears that the Payprotec brand was retired while the Securus brand remained active. Securus Payments is located at 7724 SE Aspen Summit Dr., Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97266 and is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in Walnut Creek, California. Steven Lemma is listed as the founder and CEO of both Payprotec and Securus Payments.
- Sales & Marketing: Securus Payments hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Securus Payments offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495.
- Complaints & Service: Securus Payments has received more than 80 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Securus Payments (as Excel Corporation) has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 77 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Securus Payments
Advertising Disclosure: Our unbiased reviews are supported in part by helping you find highly reviewed merchant accounts. You can learn more here.