Update 3/4/2019: The PaymentMax website is currently unavailable, and we are unable to determine how long it has been down. We cannot find any evidence that the company has gone out of business or changed its name, so we will assume for the time being that this is a temporary outage. If you have any information about the current status of PaymentMax, please share it in the comment section below this review.
A First Data Reseller
Founded in 2004, PaymentMax (paymentmax.com) is a small to mid-size merchant services provider. The company’s website states that PaymentMax is “powered” by First Data, which means that PaymentMax either is a reseller of First Data merchant accounts or relies on First Data for its e-commerce merchant services.
Multiple California Locations
PaymentMax is headquartered in Thousand Oaks at P.O box 3847, California 91359, with an additional listed address found at 600 Hampshire Road #120, Westlake Village, California 91361. PaymentMax states that it is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Walnut Creek, California. Tony Shap is the founder and CEO of PaymentMax.
PaymentMax Review Table of Contents
- Sales & Marketing: PaymentMax does not appear to rely on independent sales agents but has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: PaymentMax appears to offer a multi-year contract that may include a variable early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: PaymentMax has received more than 15 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: PaymentMax has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With PaymentMax