Spark Pay Overview
UPDATE 2/25/2019: Capital One decommissioned its Spark Pay lineup of products in December 2017. The company now resells mobile and point-of-sale products from its partner WorldPay. See our Capital One Merchant Services review or our WorldPay review for up-to-date information about Capital One payment processing.
Spark Pay (sparkpay.com) is an online store builder and mobile payment processing service offered by Capital One. Launched in April 2013, Spark Pay began as a simple mobile phone processing app and has since added its e-commerce service. This review will primarily focus on the Spark Pay mobile app.
Spark Pay’s mobile app operates in a similar fashion to Square or GoPayment, with a free app and card reader compatible with iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. Spark Pay is packaged with its own merchant account, so businesses may not use the service with their existing accounts. As of this update, Spark Pay does not appear to offer a mobile phone card reader that is EMV-compatible, but it does sell wireless EMV terminals.
Spark Pay’s online store builder enables merchants to set up e-commerce storefronts using free templates. These simple online stores provide merchants with the ability to sell their products online, market via email, track inventory, highlight customer reviews, set up recurring billing, sync with QuickBooks, promote on social media, and access sales reports. Spark Pay online stores are billed separately from the company’s payment processing on a monthly basis.
Capital One is headquartered at 1680 Capital One Tower Dr, McLean, Virginia 22102. The CEO of Capital One is Richard Fairbank.
- Sales & Marketing: Spark Pay does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has received very few complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Spark Pay offers a month-to-month contract with fixed transaction fees and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Spark Pay has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Spark Pay does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Spark Pay
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.