Anovia Payments + TrustCommerce
A Waud Capital Partners private equity company, Sphere is a merchant account provider partnered with a multi-level marketing company called ACN. More commonly known as SphereCommerce, the company was created following Waud Capital Partners’ 2017 acquisitions of Anovia Payments and TrustCommerce, a payment gateway provider., Anovia relied on TSYS Merchant Solutions for its processing networks in the U.S. and First Data for its processing network in Canada, and these relationships may remain unchanged under its new name. In fact, it appears that Sphere functions in a more or less similar fashion to Anovia Payments even after the acquisition.
Sphere Location and Ownership
Sphere is headquartered at 1033 Demonbreun Street, Suite 300 Nashville, Tennessee 37203, but its merchant services division is headquartered at Anovia Payments’ old headquarters of 600 Las Colinas Blvd., Suite 1200, Irving, Texas 75039. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah. Steve Rizzuto is the president and CEO of Sphere.
Sphere Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Sphere offers a three-year contract with a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Sphere has received more than 70 complaints.
- BBB Rating: Sphere (as Anovia Payments) currently has a “B” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 2 complaints and 1 review in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Sphere appears to hire independent sales agents and has received multiple complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Sphere