Launched in 2011, TouchBistro (touchbistro.com) is an iPad-based point-of-sale (POS) system designed specifically for the restaurant industry. TouchBistro operates on a local wireless network and can run on either a single iPad or on multiple iPads connected to a local server, which can be an iMac or a MacBook. TouchBistro is partnered with Cayan, Moneris, Chase Paymentech, Square, Vantiv, iZettle, Tyro, Premier Payments, PayPal Here, and RBC Caribbean as its preferred payment processors, so it appears that merchants will need to open a merchant account through one of these companies in order to use TouchBistro at this time. The company is headquartered at 477 Richmond St W #210Toronto, Ontario M5V 3E7 and also maintains New York office at 1410 Broadway, Suite 2701, 27th Floor, New York, New York 10018. Alex Barrotti is listed as the CEO of TouchBistro.
- Sales & Marketing: TouchBistro does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: TouchBistro offers variable contract terms through a number of payment processing partners.
- Complaints & Service: TouchBistro has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: TouchBistro has a “B-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received two complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With TouchBistro