A Paysafe Group Reseller
Founded in 2016, Florida Merchant Services is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. The company is a reseller of Paysafe contracts, and its president is a former employee of Merchant Lynx Services, Banc Certified Merchant Services, and iPayment. The company also advertises Clover and Poynt as POS solutions.
Jamaar Manlove Legal History
In 2011, the president of Florida Merchant Services, Jamaar Manlove, was convicted of two felony theft counts and three misdemeanor counts that included falsification of business records and tax evasion. Prosecutors alleged that Manlove promised nine people who were facing foreclosure that he would “get them cash from the sale of their homes, allow them to continue to live there as tenants, repair their credit, and give them the opportunity to purchase their homes back.” Instead, he allegedly “strip[ped] out the equity homeowners had built in their properties — from $10,000 to $100,000 — through fees at closing which were paid to either himself, his associates or entities he controlled.” Neither Jamaar Manlove nor Florida Merchant Services appears to have been the subject of legal action related to their payment processing services.
Florida Merchant Services Location and Ownership
Florida Merchant Services is a registered ISO of BBVA Compass Bank, Decatur, Alabama; Wells Fargo, N.A., Concord, California; Woodforest National Bank, Houston, Texas; BMO Harris Bank, N.A, Chicago, Illinois; and Merrick Bank, Woodbury, New York. It is headquartered at 3662 Avalon Park E. Blvd, Orlando, Florida 32828. Jamaar Manlove is the president of Florida Merchant Services.
Florida Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Florida Merchant Services offers variable contract terms depending on each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Florida Merchant Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Florida Merchant Services currently does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: Florida Merchant Services appears to hire independent sales agents but has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Florida Merchant Services