Cannabis Payment Processing
Launched in March 2018, Hero Payments is a merchant account provider that primarily serves cannabis-related industries. The company claims to offer PIN debit payment solutions for marijuana vendors, but it may also provide CBD merchant accounts and hemp payment processing. The company markets itself as a solution to the various regulatory issues faced by companies in the cannabis industry. In addition to that focus, the company advertises that it also serves high risk merchants, though it does not expound upon which particular industries it may cater to.
Founded By Former Executives of Chyp and Merchant Club of America
The founding partners of Hero Payments are Mychol Robirds and Mathryn Eversole, who were previously employed as the former president of Chyp and president of business development of Merchant Club of America, respectively. Mychol Robirds also formerly served as the president of Securus Payments, and Mathryn Eversole is a former vice president of underwriting at Payment Systems Corporation. Taken as a whole, this group of processors includes some of the lowest-rated providers on CPO. Securus and Chyp, specifically, have received hundreds of complaints related to deceptive sales conduct and expensive contract terms.
Hero Payments Location and Ownership
Hero Payments does not disclose the name of its acquiring bank, but it was at one time a reseller of iPayment. It lists two addresses on its website and social media profiles: 1515 SW 5th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97201, and 1840 West Dr Suite #204, Vista, California, 92803. It is worth noting that Securus Payments and Chyp are both located in Portland. Mychol Robirds is the president of Hero Payments, and Mathryn Eversole is the company’s COO.
Hero Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Hero Payments offers variable contract terms that may include a long-term equipment lease.
- Complaints & Service: Hero Payments has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Hero Payments does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Hero Payments appears to hire independent sales agents but has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Hero Payments