Payment Processing and Reputation Management
Podium is a SaaS payment company based out of Lehi, Utah. Launched in 2014, Podium focuses on simple text-based payment links for small business owners. Podium also advertises built-in services for customer engagement and reputation management through its “interaction management platform”. Podium is not a classic payment provider and does not price itself similarly from our research. It focuses heavily on its reputation management services and prices itself accordingly.
Podium Point Of Sale (POS)
Podium recently introduced card readers for business owners to supplement the payment links. The stand-alone ROKT card reader allows payments from cards with chips, mobile wallets, and swiping/tapping payments.
Podium Location and Ownership
Podium’s headquarters are located at 1650 W Digital Drive Lehi, UT 84043. Eric Rea is the co-founder and CEO.
Podium does not disclose its partner banks.
Podium Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Podium does not openly advertise rates and fees.
- Complaints & Service: We’ve located over a dozen online complaints, many accusing Podium of continuing to charge customers after trial periods or cancellation of contracts.
- BBB Rating: Podium has an “D-” rating and has received 11 complaints and 14 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Podium does not appear to utilize independent sales agents.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Podium