Formerly Known as Sphyra
RedFynn Technologies is a Tempe, Arizona-based merchant account provider that appears to function as either a subsidiary or a DBA of iPayment (now Paysafe). A commenter below this review has explained that RedFynn was created in 2014 as a rebranding of Sphyra following government action taken against Sphyra. This commenter’s claim is supported by the fact that four former managers or executive-level employees of Sphyra (Shane Hurley, Sydney Adams, Rebecca Jensen, and Becky Strantz) have held similar roles at RedFynn. According to the Redfynn website, the company specializes in offering POS solutions for both retailers and restaurants.
RedFynn Location and Ownership
RedFynn is a registered ISO of Merrick Bank, Woodbury, New York. The Better Business Bureau lists iPayment’s P.O. Box in Thousand Oaks, California, as the company’s address, but the RedFynn LinkedIn profile lists an address at 960 W Elliot Rd, Suite 112, Tempe, Arizona 85284. Shane Hurley is the head of vision and growth at RedFynn.
RedFynn Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: RedFynn appears to offer a 3-year contract through iPayment with interchange-plus pricing and a $350 early termination fee. The company relies on Authorize.Net as a payment gateway for e-commerce.
- Complaints & Service: RedFynn has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: RedFynn has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaint and 3 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2014.
- Sales & Marketing: RedFynn does not engage in misleading sales tactics and has not received complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With RedFynn