A DBA of Several Low-Rated Providers
Launched in 2017, AMP Payment Systems is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. AMP Payment Systems does not disclose the identities of its ownership or management team, but we have found strong evidence to suggest that the company is yet another business name launched by the management team behind Eschelon Merchant Services, EMV Payment Systems, and Smart Card Merchant Services. Eschelon and Smart Card both have “D” ratings from CPO, making them two of the worst-rated merchant account providers on our site.
In addition to the names listed above, AMP Payment Systems is also registered in the state of Arizona by “Covington Ridge Financial, LLC” and has used “Covington Ridge Financial” and “Covington Financial” in some of its official materials. The company “VS Card Services” is listed at the company’s headquartered address. It has also registered the domain name “merchantsupport.services,” and we have seen company representatives refer to this name in some of its official materials. One merchant reports that the company identified itself as “The Interchange Provider” in a sales call. Merchants should be prepared for the possibility that the company may launch additional brands or contact them using names other than the ones we have found.
Headquartered in Phoenix
AMP Payment Systems is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank. The company lists 3233 W Peoria Ave #224, Phoenix, AZ 85029 as its address on its website, but the Better Business Bureau states that AMP Payment Systems is located at 7000 N 16th 120 Phoenix, Arizona 85020. This address is also the address of a UPS Store that AMP Payment Systems could be using as a forwarding address. In fact, we have found multiple AMP Payment Systems job listings that give 3320 W Cheryl Dr, Phoenix, Arizona 85051 as the company’s actual address. This address is the address of record for Eschelon Financial Group and is also the address given on the Smart Card Merchant Services Better Business Bureau profile. Shanan Mohatt is the senior vice president of sales at AMP Payment Systems, while Jovita Robertson served as the director of operations at Covington Financial and Smart Card Merchant Services at the time of our last update.
AMP Payment Systems Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: AMP Payment Systems offers a multi-year contract with a $375 early termination fee and a long-term equipment lease.
- Complaints & Service: AMP Payment Systems has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: AMP Payment Systems currently has a “B+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 3 complaints and 18 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: AMP Payment Systems hires independent sales agents and has received a handful of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With AMP Payment Systems