Consolidated with Clover
In 2019, global financial services provider Fiserv acquired First Data and other payments providers including Clover and CardConnect. In 2020, BluePay consolidated its SMB offerings under the Clover name, and has dissolved the BluePay brand. However, merchants that held a BluePay account previously can still access it through the Clover website.
Owned By First Data
BluePay, sometimes misspelled as “Blue Pay,” is a mid-size credit card processor and merchant account provider headquartered in Naperville, Illinois. First Data acquired the company in December 2017. BluePay owns a handful of subsidiaries, including Security Card Services and VersaPay.
Connection to Blackhawk Processing
We have uncovered through our research on BluePay that another processing company named Blackhawk Processing shares the same address as BluePay and may be connected to BluePay.
BluePay Headquarters and Ownership
BluePay is a registered ISO/MSP with Wells Fargo, N.A., Concord, California. Founded in 2002, the company has offices in Chicago, New York, Maryland, and Ontario but lists its corporate headquarters as 184 Shuman Blvd #350, Naperville, Illinois 60563. Bala Janakiraman is listed as the CEO of BluePay.
BluePay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: BluePay offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $295.
- Complaints & Service: BluePay has received more than 35 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: BluePay has an “F” rating and has received 9 complaints and 5 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has also had its accreditation revoked by the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: BluePay appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received a low-to-moderate number of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With BluePay