Golden Eagle Leasing Overview
An Alternate Name of Northern Leasing Systems
Golden Eagle Leasing is one of several business names used by the equipment lease provider Northern Leasing Systems, whose Chairman and CEO is Jay Cohen. Others affiliates include MBF Leasing, Lease Finance Group, and Lease Source-LSI, LLC. Golden Eagle Leasing was originally a subsidiary of Hypercom, but was sold for $30 million to Northern Leasing Systems in 2003. The company has since been wholly absorbed into the Northern Leasing brand, but it appears that some leases continue to be sold under the Golden Eagle name. Northern Leasing does not seem to maintain an independent website for Golden Eagle Leasing at this time.
A Tricky Equipment Leasing Company
Golden Eagle Leasing is not a merchant account provider; rather, it leases credit card processing equipment like terminals, printers, barcode scanners, and other point-of-sale technology. As with Northern Leasing and Lease Finance Group, Golden Eagle’s equipment leases are often packaged with the merchant accounts of payment processors, meaning that the company’s customers are usually unaware that they are signing up for service through multiple companies.
For a more complete analysis of the primary company behind this network of lease providers, please see our Northern Leasing Systems review.
Golden Eagle Leasing Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Golden Eagle offers 48-month, non-cancellable equipment leases that often cost many times the purchase price of the equipment.
- Complaints & Service: Golden Eagle has received more than 75 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Golden Eagle has no rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 1 complaint in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Golden Eagle allows independent sales agents to package its equipment leases with other merchant accounts and has received an extremely high number of merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Golden Eagle
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.