Performance Merchant Alliance Overview
Performance Merchant Alliance May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Performance Merchant Alliance or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
UPDATE 1/16/2019: The Performance Merchant Alliance website has not been active since December 2018. The company appears to have fully transitioned to its new brand name of Freedom Card Solutions. See our Freedom Card Solutions review for up-to-date information about this company.
Performance Merchant Alliance (permerch.com) is a merchant account provider headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The company has recently rebranded as Freedom Card Solutions (freedomcardsolutions.com), but the Performance Merchant Alliance brand is still active. There is a lot of conflicting information about the company’s location, management, and corporate affiliations. One anonymous comment (now deleted) in the Topix forum for Dallas, Texas, made a number of allegations regarding Performance Merchant Alliance, including the following:
- Performance Merchant Alliance is a DBA of BECKLAW LLC and of BECKSNY LLC.
- Jonathan Beckman is the owner of BECKLAW LLC and of BECKSNY LLC.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are the owners of Prestige Payments Oregon, a DBA of National Payment Systems, LLC.
- National Payment Systems, LLC, is somehow affiliated with a company in Florida called Payventure One.
- All of these companies are somehow tied to Matthew Wiltsey, the former CEO of Payment Systems Corporation.
- Performance Merchant Alliance is a rebranding of Payment Systems Corporation.
To summarize, the commenter alleges that Performance Merchant Alliance is a rebranding of Payment Systems Corporation, and that it is operated by the owners of Prestige Payment Systems Oregon. We have carefully investigated this information because Payment Systems Corporation and Prestige Payment Systems Oregon are two of the poorest-rated companies that we have reviewed. Our own research has turned up the following information:
- The Florida Business Registry lists BECKSNY LLC’s address as 20 N. Orange Ave, Suite 1300, Orlando, Florida 32801. The Better Business Bureau provides the exact same address for Performance Merchant Alliance, and this source lists “Payment Systems Corporation Orlando” at this location.
- Matt Wiltsey is listed as the CEO of Payment Systems Corporation, which is no longer an active brand.
- Payment Systems Corporation was acquired by i3 Verticals.
- The Performance Merchant Alliance website provides documentation from i3 Verticals.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are listed as members at National Payment Systems LLC.
- National Payment Systems LLC is listed as a registering agent for Payventure One in Florida.
- Merchant Processing Solutions, a DBA of Payment Systems Corporation, is also listed as a registering agent for Payventure One.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are listed as members at BECKLAW LLC, a Carrollton, Texas-based company.
- Performance Merchant Alliance maintains an office in Dallas, Texas.
Overall, the available evidence supports most of the claims made by the anonymous commenter on Topix. We believe it is probable that Performance Merchant Alliance is a DBA or subsidiary of the company formerly known as Payment Systems Corporation, and a DBA of BECKSNY LLC and BECKLAW LLC. There is also a significant amount of evidence suggesting that Performance Merchant Alliance is affiliated with (or a DBA of) United Card Solutions, National Card Solutions, Direct Processors, and a company called Merchant Consulting Group. In particular, the Better Business Bureau lists Jeff Easter as the principal at Performance Merchant Alliance, just as it does with a few of these other companies. We cannot find any third-party sources that link Jonathan Beckman or Brad Law directly to Performance Merchant Alliance, but the existing evidence overwhelmingly indicates a connection of some kind. Performance Merchant Alliance is a reseller of First Data products and services and does not disclose its address, acquiring bank, or executive leadership on its website. The Performance Merchant Alliance Facebook page states that the company was launched in June 2015.
- Sales & Marketing: Performance Merchant Alliance appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Performance Merchant Alliance offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Performance Merchant Alliance has received more than 60 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Performance Merchant Alliance has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 38 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Performance Merchant Alliance
Response from Performance Merchant Alliance
Are you with Performance Merchant Alliance? Add your own voice here!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.