An Organization With Many Names
Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Direct Processors is a merchant account provider that serves standard-risk business types across the United States. Direct Processors appears to share ownership or to be otherwise affiliated with three other credit card processors called Freedom Card Solutions (formerly Performance Merchant Alliance), United Card Solutions (unitedcardsolutions.com), and National Card Solutions (nationalcardsolutions.com). All four companies have similar websites and promotional language, and all four appear to be represented by Jeff Easter, an online reputation management specialist.
Merchant account provider reviews reflect that Direct Processors is a DBA of Prestige Payment Systems. That affiliation would explain the company’s connection to Easter, and does not reflect well on Direct Processors, as Prestige Payment Systems is ripe with negative reviews and allegations of unethical business practices among merchants. National Card Solutions and United Card Solutions are also other confirmed DBAs of Prestige Payment Systems.
Our own independent research has revealed a number of potential links between Performance Merchant Alliance, Prestige Payment Systems, and a company called National Paymentech. Merchants are advised to inquire as to whether Direct Processors has any previous or current affiliation with Prestige Payment Systems, and specifically what Jeff Easter’s role is in all of the companies that have been identified in this review.
The Jeff Easter Connection
It is unclear at this time whether Jeff Easter is the owner of these companies, an employee of these companies, or a PR representative hired by these companies, but he is listed as the primary contact in 3 separate press releases about each organization. The Better Business Bureau also listed him as the principal of Performance Merchant Alliance and he is now listed as a consultant for Freedom Card Solutions. We have found some evidence that Direct Processors was at one point partnered with BlueSquare Resolutions.
Based in Vancouver, Washington
Direct Processors is a reseller of First Data products and services through i3 Verticals, LLC, and therefore utilizes Wells Fargo as its acquiring bank. Direct Processors appears to have been launched in July 2015 and is located at 4400 NE 77th Ave #275, Vancouver, Washington 98662.
Direct Processors Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Direct Processors offers a three-year agreement through First Data with a variable early termination fee and long-term equipment lease.
- Complaints & Service: Direct Processors has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Direct Processors has no rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 12 complaints and 2 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Direct Processors does not appear to hire independently contracted agents but has received a very high number of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Direct Processors