An Organization With Many Names
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, United Card Solutions is a merchant account provider that serves standard-risk business types across the United States. United Card Solutions appears to share ownership or to be otherwise affiliated with three other credit card processors called Performance Merchant Alliance, National Card Solutions (nationalcardsolutions.com), and Direct Processors (directprocessors.com). All four companies have similar websites and promotional language, and all four appear to be represented by Jeff Easter, an online reputation management specialist.
The Jeff Easter Connection
It is unclear at this time whether Jeff Easter is the owner of these companies, an employee of these companies, or a PR representative hired by these companies, but he is listed as the primary contact in three separate press releases about United Card Solutions, National Card Solutions, and Direct Processors. The Better Business Bureau also lists him as the principal of Performance Merchant Alliance. We have found some evidence that United Card Solutions was at one point partnered with BlueSquare Resolutions.
Based in Portland
United Card Solutions is a reseller of First Data products and services through i3 Verticals, LLC, and therefore utilizes Wells Fargo as its acquiring bank. United Card Solutions appears to have been launched in August 2015 and is located at 650 NE Holladay St, #1600, Portland, Oregon 97232.
Prestige Payment Systems Allegations
Since the initial publication of this review, we have received public comments and private correspondence alleging that United Card Solutions, National Card Solutions, and Direct Processors are all DBAs of Prestige Payment Systems, another Portland-based company with a poor reputation among merchants. We have been unable to independently verify these claims, but they are supported by very specific accusations made by some commenters. Our own independent research has revealed a number of potential links between Performance Merchant Alliance, Prestige Payment Systems, and a company called National Paymentech. Merchants are advised to inquire as to whether United Card Solutions has any previous or current affiliation with Prestige Payment Systems, and specifically what Jeff Easter’s role is in all of the companies that have been identified in this review.
United Card Solutions Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: United Card Solutions offers a three-year agreement through i3 Verticals with a variable early termination fee and non-cancellable equipment lease.
- Complaints & Service: United Card Solutions has received more than 100 public complaints.
- Sales & Marketing: United Card Solutions does not appear to hire independently contracted agents but has received a very high number of complaints about its sales team.
- BBB Rating: United Card Solutions has a “C+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 19 complaints and 14 reviews in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With United Card Solutions