Linked to Many Low-Rated Providers
Freedom Card Solutions is a merchant account provider located in Winter Park, Florida. Freedom Card Solutions has also operated under the name “Performance Merchant Alliance” and has been linked to a number of other credit card processors, including Payment Systems Corporation, United Card Solutions, National Card Solutions, Direct Processors, and Merchant Consulting Group. Due to the fact that nearly all of these providers have extremely low ratings on CPO, we will include the evidence of their connections to each other below. According to the company’s website, it is a reseller of First Data.
Performance Merchant Alliance Accusations
One anonymous comment (now deleted) in the Topix forum for Dallas, Texas, made a number of allegations regarding Performance Merchant Alliance, including the following:
- Performance Merchant Alliance is a DBA of BECKLAW LLC and of BECKSNY LLC.
- Jonathan Beckman is the owner of BECKLAW LLC and of BECKSNY LLC.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are the owners of Prestige Payments Oregon, a DBA of National Payment Systems, LLC.
- National Payment Systems, LLC, is somehow affiliated with a company in Florida called Payventure One.
- All of these companies are somehow tied to Matthew Wiltsey, the former CEO of Payment Systems Corporation.
- Performance Merchant Alliance is a rebranding of Payment Systems Corporation.
To summarize, the commenter alleges that Performance Merchant Alliance is a rebranding of Payment Systems Corporation and that it is operated by the owners of Prestige Payment Systems Oregon.
Other Corroborating Information
Our own research has turned up the following information:
- The Florida Business Registry lists BECKSNY LLC’s address as 20 N. Orange Ave, Suite 1300, Orlando, Florida 32801. The Better Business Bureau provides the exact same address for Performance Merchant Alliance, and this source lists “Payment Systems Corporation Orlando” at this location.
- Matt Wiltsey is listed as the CEO of Payment Systems Corporation, which is no longer an active brand.
- Payment Systems Corporation was acquired by i3 Verticals.
- The Performance Merchant Alliance website provides documentation from i3 Verticals.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are listed as members at National Payment Systems LLC.
- National Payment Systems LLC is listed as a registering agent for Payventure One in Florida.
- Merchant Processing Solutions, a DBA of Payment Systems Corporation, is also listed as a registering agent for Payventure One.
- Jonathan Beckman and Brad Law are listed as members at BECKLAW LLC, a Carrollton, Texas-based company.
- Performance Merchant Alliance maintains an office in Dallas, Texas.
Overall, the available evidence supports most of the claims made by the anonymous commenter on Topix. We believe it is probable that Performance Merchant Alliance is a DBA or subsidiary of the company formerly known as Payment Systems Corporation, and a DBA of BECKSNY LLC and BECKLAW LLC. By extension, the same is likely true of Freedom Card Solutions.
Freedom Card Solutions Location and Ownership
There is also a significant amount of evidence suggesting that Performance Merchant Alliance is affiliated with (or a DBA of) United Card Solutions, National Card Solutions, Direct Processors, and a company called Merchant Consulting Group. For one thing, all of these providers have extremely similar websites that feature the same customer testimonials and YouTube advertisements. Furthermore, the Better Business Bureau lists Jeff Easter as the principal at Performance Merchant Alliance, just as it does with most of these other companies. It is therefore extremely likely that Jeff Easter plays a significant role in the operation of Freedom Card Solutions. Freedom Card Solutions is a reseller of First Data products and services and is headquartered at 941 W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, Florida 32789. The Better Business Bureau profile for Freedom Card Solutions states that the company was created in October 2016.
Freedom Card Solutions Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Freedom Card Solutions offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Freedom Card Solutions has received more than 15 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Freedom Card Solutions has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 7 complaints and 2 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Freedom Card Solutions hires independently contracted agents and has received a number of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Freedom Card Solutions