Note: As of 2021, the FTC has ruled that Jay Wigdore, Michael Peterson, Electronic Payment Solutions of America, and Electronic Payment Services is banned from processing payments and telemarketing. We are leaving our review up for those previous customers, but the business is effectively out of the payment processing industry.
Electronic Payment Systems Location and Ownership
Founded in 1994 by John Dorsey, Electronic Payment Systems is a midsize merchant account provider based in Englewood, Colorado. In addition to offering credit card processing services, Electronic Payment Systems (EPS) also provides a variety of other business financial services including a self-branded ACH payment plan service called EZ Payment Plan (formerly EPS90). This service allows merchants to offer a 90-day payment plan to customers and appears to be mentioned in many merchant complaints against the company. John Dorsey is the CEO of Electronic Payment Systems. Their headquarters are at 6472 S Quebec 2, St Bldg, Centennial, Colorado, 80111, and they are a registered ISO/MSP of Esquire Bank, NA, Jericho, NY.
Electronic Payment Systems Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Electronic Payment Systems offers a multi-year contract through Esquire Bank with an early termination fee of $295 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Electronic Payment Systems has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Electronic Payment Systems has an “A+” rating and has received 6 complaints and 5 reviews in the last three years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2012.
- Sales & Marketing: Electronic Payment Systems appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Electronic Payment Systems