MOCA Payment Systems
MOCA Payment Systems Overview
MOCA Payment Systems (mocapayments.com) is a new Canadian sales arm of the U.S.-based Encore Payment Systems. In fact, MOCA’s website is basically identical to the website of Momentum Payment Systems, another Encore DBA. MOCA is based out of Montréal, Québec, and Encore out of Addison, Texas. Encore was founded in 2004. MOCA Payment’s overall rating is based on our Encore Payment Systems review.
Also see our reviews of this company’s other known DBAs:
This section is covered in the Encore Payment review.
- Ethically questionable marketing tactics.
- Use of multiple business names/DBAs.
- “Hiring mill” recruiting strategy of Independent Sales Agents (ISAs) with high turnover.
- Agents appear to receive higher commissions for selling expensive contracts and rates.
- Underwriting policies allow for excessive fees and contract terms.
- Markets expensive and non-cancellable equipment leases.
MOCA Payment uses the same merchant account agreement as Encore. An older version is available below. Merchants have reported even more expensive contract terms than those shown in the linked document.
- Pricing will vary by merchant based on business type and sales agent.
- Standard contract includes three-year service agreement
- Early Termination Fee (ETF) of $195 but some merchants have reported ETFs of $450
- Equipement leases often have a four-year commitment and cannot be cancelled without paying the full lease amount, often in the thousands of dollars (leasing equipment is optional)
This section is covered in the Encore Review.
- Company has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints for time in business.
- Numerous complaints have been filed by former employees and agents.
- Common complaints include expensive and non-cancellable equipment leases, and undisclosed/”hidden” fees.
MOCA Payment Systems does not have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) report because the company is based in Canada. If you know of a Canadian equivalent of the BBB, please leave it in the comment section below. See the Encore Payment Systems review for full details on this company’s BBB complaints.
MOCA Payment Systems received a low rating as a merchant services provider due to its deceptive sales practices, poor customer service, expensive contract terms, and close affiliation with Encore Payment Systems. For a full understanding of MOCA Payment Systems, please visit the Encore Payment Systems review.
Leave your review of MOCA Payment Systems in the comment section below:
|Top Rated General Use Processors (Retail, Service, E-Commerce, etc)|
|Top Rated Mobile Processing Apps (iPhone, Android, etc.)|
Find Your Merchant Account Match
Getting paid to re-write this page? Click here to earn a reward.
Copyright © CardPaymentOptions.com (Digital Fingerprint: 0d38c6720f0d78a701b74d58653af608)