Powered By First Data
Not to be confused with Worldpay, World Payment Services is a merchant account provider that specializes in servicing small to mid-size businesses. The company has been operating since 1998 and provides services that allow merchants to process credit cards and other non-cash forms of payment. WPS claims to be “powered by First Data,” which indicates that the company resells First Data processing services in some capacity. The company also advertises its use of Clover POS systems.
World Payment Services Location and Ownership
The company is a registered VISA Independent Sales Organization (ISO) and MasterCard Member Service Provider (MSP) sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California, as its acquiring bank. The company itself has its headquarters at 5 N. Swain Steet, Raleigh, North Carolina. Jack Kimball is listed as the president and CEO of World Payment Services.
World Payment Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: World Payment Services offers a multi-year contract through First Data with a $295 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: World Payment Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: World Payment Services does not currently have a rating with the Better Business Bureau though it has received 0 complaints in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: World Payment Services appears to hire independent sales representatives but is not currently showing any merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With World Payment Services