Not to be confused with WorldPay, World Payment Services, Inc. (WPS – worldpaymentservices.com) is a merchant account provider that specializes in servicing small to mid-size businesses. The company has been operating since 1998 and provides services that allow merchants to process credit cards and other non-cash forms of payment. WPS claims to be “powered by First Data,” which indicates that the company resells First Data processing services in some capacity. The company is a registered VISA Independent Sales Organization (ISO) and MasterCard Member Service Provider (MSP) sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California, as its acquiring bank. The company itself has its headquarters at 207 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601. Jack Kimball is listed as the president and CEO of World Payment Services.
- Sales & Marketing: World Payment Services appears to hire independent sales representatives but is not currently showing any merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: World Payment Services offers a multi-year contract through First Data with a $295 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: World Payment Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: World Payment Services has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With World Payment Services