High Risk Specialists
Maverick Bankcard is a merchant account provider that primarily offers high risk merchant accounts. According to the company’s website, Maverick Bankcard serves over 80,000 merchants. Multiple online merchant complaints state that Maverick Bankcard and BankCard USA are either the same company or a parent company and its subsidiary, but representatives of both companies have vehemently denied any existing connection between their organizations. The confusion appears to result from the fact that the 2 companies shared senior management at one time, since the father of a Maverick Bankcard account manager served as the principal at BankCard USA from 2000 to 2011. In addition, the two companies were previously located within the same building but had different suite numbers.
New Evidence Surfaces
Prior to an August 2017 update of this review, we took the company representatives at their word and treated the 2 companies as separate entities. However, new evidence has come to light that strongly suggests that our original suspicion was accurate. In a complaint filed in July 2016 against Maverick Bankcard’s Better Business Bureau page, a company representative replied to the merchant’s complaint by stating, “A lot of times, merchants GOOGLE their processor’s info, under ‘BankCard’ because that is what appears on their statements and since our company name is BankCard USA, we are the #1 GOOGLE search.” The response is also signed by “BankCard USA.” It is difficult to understand why BankCard USA’s customer service department would address new BBB complaints filed against Maverick Bankcard unless an operational or personnel overlap persisted between the two companies at least well into 2016.
Maverick Bankcard Headquarters and Ownership
Launched in 2000, Maverick Bankcard is located at 26520 Agoura Rd #305, Calabasas, California. Alan Griefer is listed as the CEO of Maverick Bankcard, which is a registered ISO/MSP of Avidla Bank, Hudson, MA, Esquire Bank NA, Jericho, NY, and Mission Valley Bank, Sun Valley, CA.
Maverick Bankcard Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Maverick Bankcard offers flexible contract terms and is capable of serving merchants in high risk industries.
- Complaints & Service: Maverick Bankcard has received a high number of verified, positive testimonials and a low number of complaints.
- BBB Rating: Maverick Bankcard has an “A+” rating and received 1 complaint and 1 informal review in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2018.
- Sales & Marketing: Maverick Bankcard doesn’t list any misleading rate quotes on its website or receive complaints about deceptive sales tactics.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Maverick Bankcard