Maverick Bankcard (maverickbankcard.com) is a merchant account provider headquartered in Aguora Hills, California. Launched in 2000, the company is located at 28720 Roadside Drive, Suite 101, Agoura Hills, California 91301. Alan Griefer is listed as the CEO of Maverick Bankcard, which is a registered ISO/MSP of Esquire Bank, Garden City, New York, and a registered ISO of Mission Valley Bank, Sun Valley, California.
Multiple online merchant complaints state that Maverick Bankcard and BankCard USA are either the same company or a parent company and its subsidiary, but representatives of both companies have vehemently denied any existing connection between their organizations. The confusion appears to result from the fact that the two companies shared senior management at one time, since the father of a Maverick Bankcard account manager served as the principal at BankCard USA from 2000 to 2011. In addition, the two companies are located within the same building but have different suite numbers.
Prior to the most recent update of this review, we took the company representatives at their word and treated the two companies as separate entities. However, new evidence has come to light that strongly suggests that our original suspicion was accurate. In the first and only complaint filed against Maverick Bankcard’s newly created Better Business Bureau page, a company representative replies to the merchant’s complaint by stating, “A lot of times, merchants GOOGLE their processor’s info, under ‘BankCard’ because that is what appears on their statements and since our company name is BankCard USA, we are the #1 GOOGLE search.” The response is also signed by “BankCard USA.” It is difficult to understand why BankCard USA’s customer service department would address new BBB complaints filed against Maverick Bankcard unless there is some current structural overlap between the two companies.
- Sales & Marketing: Maverick Bankcard doesn’t list any misleading rate quotes on its website or receive complaints about deceptive sales tactics.
- Costs & Contract: Maverick Bankcard offers flexible contract terms and is capable of serving merchants in high risk industries.
- Complaints & Service: Maverick Bankcard has received a high number of verified, positive testimonials and a low number of complaints.
- BBB Rating: Maverick Bankcard has received one complaint with the Better Business Bureau and has an “A+” rating.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Maverick Bankcard