PayProTec May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through PayProTec or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
An Indiana-based Merchant Account Provider
PayProTec, formerly registered as Payment Processing Technologies, LLC, is a small but growing merchant account provider that serves over 10,000 merchants across a wide range of industries. PayProTec appears to resell the services of or is otherwise affiliated with North American Bancard.
In addition to merchant accounts, the company offers a multitude of POS solutions through Paradise POS, HotSauce, Growthzilla, Linga POS, NCR Silver, Revel Systems, and Vend. Each of the company’s POS partnerships specializes in different industries ranging from hospitality to retail. The company also provides e-commerce solutions through Magento, Shopify, OpenCart, and WooCommerce, among others.
Not Affiliated With PayProtec Oregon
There appears to be some confusion between PayProTec, a Warsaw, Indiana-based company, and a formerly affiliated company of Securus Payments that went by the name PayProtec. The latter company was based in Portland, Oregon, and, as far as we can ascertain, was unrelated to PayProTec of Indiana. Established in 2006, the company is headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, at 929 E. Center Street and is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. Matt Hoskins is the president and CEO of PayProTec.
PayProTec Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: PayProTec appears to offer a multi-year contract through North American Bancard with an early termination fee of $250 or more.
- Complaints & Service: PayProTec has received approximately 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: PayProTec has an “A+” rating and has received 9 complaints and 3 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2008.
- Sales & Marketing: PayProTec appears to hire independent sales agents but has received only a few complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With PayProTec
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.